The Australian government said on Saturday that up to 3,000 army reservists woul...
MELBOURNE - The Australian government said on Saturday that up to 3,000 army reservists would be deployed to help communities hit by spreading wildfires and a third navy ship had been readied to support evacuations from coastal towns.
“The scale of the fires is stretching resources on the ground and there are clearly communities that need additional help,” Prime Minister Scott Morrison said on Saturday. The HMAS Adelaide, the Navy’s largest amphibious ship, will sail from Sydney on Saturday to support the evacuation of coastal populations near the border of the states of New South Wales and Victoria, Morrison said.
México Últimas Noticias, México Titulares
Similar News:También puedes leer noticias similares a ésta que hemos recopilado de otras fuentes de noticias.
Australian navy races to rescue thousands as new fire threat loomsThe Australian navy was racing on Friday to rescue thousands of people stranded ...
Leer más »
Dangerous conditions fuel bushfires across southeast AustraliaAustralian firefighters battled dangerous conditions on Saturday as fires in New...
Leer más »
3,000 reservists called to help battle Australian wildfiresTwenty-three people have died in fires that have burned about 12.35 million acres of land and destroyed more than 1,500 homes.
Leer más »
Australian PM calls up reservists as fire threats escalateAustralia's prime minister calls up about 3,000 reservists as the threat of wildfires escalates in at least three states. Two new deaths have been reported, bringing the overall toll to at least 23 in the fires that have burned over 12 million acres.
Leer más »