The British government on Saturday welcomed the release of an employee at its co...
A woman holds a poster of Simon Cheng, a staff member at the consulate who went missing on August 9 after visiting the neighbouring mainland city of Shenzhen, during a protest outside the British Consulate-general office in Hong Kong, China, August 21, 2019. REUTERS/Willy Kurniawan
LONDON - The British government on Saturday welcomed the release of an employee at its consulate in Hong Kong who had been detained in mainland China. Simon Cheng was held for 15 days for violating public security management regulations, police in Shenzhen, across the border from Hong Kong, said on Saturday.
“We welcome the release of Simon Cheng and are delighted that he can be reunited with his family. We will continue to provide support to them,” a spokesman for Britain’s foreign ministry said.Reporting By Andrew MacAskill; Editing by Angus MacSwan
México Últimas Noticias, México Titulares
Similar News:También puedes leer noticias similares a ésta que hemos recopilado de otras fuentes de noticias.
Hong Kong braces for fresh protests, Canada stops staff travel to mainland ChinaHong Kong is bracing for more anti-government demonstrations and a 'stress ...
Leer más »
Four Hong Kong stations close to head off protest as China frees UK consulate workerHong Kong's rail operator shut down four stations ahead of a planned protes...
Leer más »
On Hong Kong, China should retreat to advanceViewpoint: Kevin Yam, a political commentator, says China needs to reverse years of control over Hong Kong’s community, social and political affairs
Leer más »
Protest fears stalk Hong Kong businesses as China threat loomsWalking a tightrope between anti-government protests and political masters in Be...
Leer más »