China's Hubei eases coronavirus curbs; new imported cases decline

México Noticias Noticias

China's Hubei eases coronavirus curbs; new imported cases decline
México Últimas Noticias,México Titulares
  • 📰 Reuters
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 59 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 27%
  • Publisher: 97%

China's Hubei, the epicentre of the country's coronavirus outbreak, st...

BEIJING/SHANGHAI - China’s Hubei, the epicentre of the country’s coronavirus outbreak, started returning to normal on Wednesday as authorities lifted two months of counter-epidemic restrictions that locked down the province and its capital Wuhan.

Traffic controls were eased at midnight in Hubei, while the lockdown of Wuhan will be lifted on April 8, a milestone in China’s war against the epidemic as Beijing shifts its focus towards stemming imported cases and rebooting the economy. Hubei Party Secretary Ying Yong said on Tuesday that while the lifting of traffic restrictions means life is gradually getting back to normal, the government will continue to work hard to prevent a rebound in infections as population movements increase.To prevent a surge in imported cases, China is ramping up quarantine and screening rules for all international arrivals.

Beijing has already diverted flights to other cities where passengers will be screened and quarantined. New cases of infected international arrivals were also reported in the city of Tianjin, the Inner Mongolia region, and the provinces of Jiangsu, Sichuan, Jilin, Zhejiang, Shandong, and Shaanxi.In Hubei, no new infections were reported despite three new deaths, including two in Wuhan, where the virus first appeared late last year. On Wednesday, local authorities downgraded Wuhan’s epidemic risk level from “high” to “medium”.

Hemos resumido esta noticia para que puedas leerla rápidamente. Si estás interesado en la noticia, puedes leer el texto completo aquí. Leer más:

Reuters /  🏆 2. in US

México Últimas Noticias, México Titulares

Similar News:También puedes leer noticias similares a ésta que hemos recopilado de otras fuentes de noticias.

China to lift lockdown in most of virus-hit Hubei provinceChina to lift lockdown in most of virus-hit Hubei provinceBEIJING (AP) — Chinese authorities announced Tuesday they would end a two-month lockdown of most of virus-hit Hubei province at midnight. People with a clean bill of health will be allowed...
Leer más »

China reports first coronavirus case in Hubei province for 6 daysChina reports first coronavirus case in Hubei province for 6 daysThe novel coronavirus pandemic continues to spread worldwide, sending countries into lockdown with millions under movement restrictions. Follow here for live updates
Leer más »

China to lift lockdown in most of virus-hit Hubei provinceChina to lift lockdown in most of virus-hit Hubei provinceChinese authorities said Tuesday they will end a two-month lockdown of most of coronavirus-hit Hubei province at midnight, as domestic cases of what has become a global pandemic subside. The city of Wuhan, where the virus was first detected in December, is to remain locked down until April 8. China
Leer más »

China’s Hubei Province to Ease Coronavirus Lockdown This Week; Wuhan to Follow in AprilChina’s Hubei Province to Ease Coronavirus Lockdown This Week; Wuhan to Follow in AprilAuthorities are planning to lift the mass quarantine on the central province where the coronavirus pandemic first emerged, excluding Wuhan, on Wednesday. The city will follow next month.
Leer más »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 04:53:19