Federal authorities are conducting a criminal investigation into the fire on a C...
LOS ANGELES - Federal authorities are conducting a criminal investigation into the fire on a California dive boat that killed 34 people in one of the state’s worst maritime disasters, a law enforcement source said on Monday.
“We are conducting a joint investigation. No criminal charges have been filed at this time,” the source told Reuters. The five surviving crew members were above deck when the fire erupted and have told investigators that the intense flames made it impossible to enter the sleeping quarters. The victims are believed to have died of smoke inhalation.
México Últimas Noticias, México Titulares
Similar News:También puedes leer noticias similares a ésta que hemos recopilado de otras fuentes de noticias.
Search warrants served on owner in dive boat disaster that killed 34Investigators executed search warrants Sunday on the headquarters of the company that operated the charter dive boat that caught fire on Labor Day and sank off the coast of Southern California, killing 34 people trapped by flames.
Leer más »
Search warrants served in California boat fire investigationAuthorities are serving search warrants at the California company that owned the scuba diving boat that caught fire and killed 34 people last week.
Leer más »
Was the California boat fire a crime? Investigators search for answersCalifornia boat fire: What investigators are trying to uncover
Leer más »
Cause of California diving boat fire remains unknownInvestigators have not determined the cause of the fire aboard the California dive boat that sank last week, a law enforcement official familiar with the investigation said, noting the boat has not even been brought to the surface.
Leer más »
Rethinking a boat trip after this week's fire? Here are questions to askIf you’re considering a boat or ship excursion, experts say you can boost your chances of a safe trip by asking questions and checking sources listed here:
Leer más »