FIFA's plan to run African football could hit a roadblock. Here's why
Algeria's Riyad Mahrez celebrates winning the Africa Cup of Nations as FIFA President Gianni Infantino and Algeria's interim President Abdelkader Bensalah look on.
Bility said he also wants to ask the court to compel CAF to start a forensic audit of its finances, which he said the executive committee had previously agreed to but CAF President Ahmad Ahmad then stalled.CAF is in crisis following corruption allegations against Ahmad, which he has denied. In a statement released to the media on Monday, former Liberian Football Association president Bility said Ahmad must resign and the proposed FIFA takeover be cancelled.
"It is clear to me and many others that the agreement as currently structured has the sole purpose of shielding and cleansing CAF President Ahmad from the crimes he has committed – financial impropriety, sexual harassment and nepotism."FIFA has confirmed there is an ethics investigation into Ahmad, although he was yet to be sanctioned.Bility also claimed FIFA President Gianni Infantino has seized on the opportunity to get rid of his secretary general.
México Últimas Noticias, México Titulares
Similar News:También puedes leer noticias similares a ésta que hemos recopilado de otras fuentes de noticias.
U.S. Investment in African University Fails as China AdvancesThe failure of a university project in Ghana marked a high-profile setback for U.S. government efforts to counter China’s growing investment influence in Africa.
Leer más »
Paralyzed Man Determined To Still Live Normal Sedentary LifeNORTH HAMPTON, MA—Saying that he wouldn’t let his disability define him, recently paralyzed man Matthew Sabourne told reporters Thursday he was determined to maintain his normal sedentary lifestyle despite his new physical challenges. “I caught a tough break with the accident, but I’ll be damned if I let this injury stop me from getting out of bed every afternoon, plopping down on the couch, and binge-watching Netflix for eight hours just like any other able-bodied person,” said Sabourne, 29, who vowed to maintain his previous diet of nonstop fast food and carbonated beverages. “I will not let this wheelchair get in the way of my personal or professional life, at least any more than my recliner did before. As soon as I finish my FIFA season, I’m turning off my PlayStation, hitting the job market, and landing a regular gig where I can sit in front of a computer all day long.” Sabourne has reportedly stayed true to his goals, recently storming out of a physical therapy appointment after his trainer pointed out that treatment required him to deviate from a normal exercise-free routine.
Leer más »