A 30-year-old Honduran migrant died while in ICE custody, the government said. He is the sixth person to die in ICE custody since October.
A 30-year-old Honduran migrant died while in Immigration and Customs Enforcement custody on Sunday, the government confirmed.
Yimi Alexis Balderramos-Torres was found unresponsive in his dormitory at the Houston Contract Detention Facility on Sunday, according to a statement from the Department of Homeland Security. Balderramos-Torres was then taken to a hospital in Humble, Texas, where he was pronounced dead."Comprehensive medical care is provided from the moment detainees arrive and throughout the entirety of their stay," the DHS said in a statement Monday.
Balderramos-Torres is the sixth person to die in ICE custody since the start of the fiscal year, which began in October, DHS said.He was denied entry into the U.S. on May 17 after border agents found him"inadmissible" in El Paso, Texas, and sent him to Mexico, the department said. On May 27, Balderramos-Torres"again entered the country illegally" and was detained by local law enforcement during a traffic stop, then transferred to ICE custody on June 6, according to the agency.
Migrant detention centers have drawn renewed scrutiny amid reports of poor living conditions for detainees.earlier this month that young children and teenagers were denied access to showers for days or even weeks, provided inadequate food, suffered flu outbreaks and subjected to prolonged periods of detention at a facility in Clint, Texas.
México Últimas Noticias, México Titulares
Similar News:También puedes leer noticias similares a ésta que hemos recopilado de otras fuentes de noticias.
Honduran man in ICE custody dies in TexasThe man was unresponsive in his room at a detention facility, and was later pronounced dead at a Houston hospital.
Leer más »
China warns of long road ahead for deal with U.S. after ice-breaking talksChina and the United States will face a long road before they can reach a deal t...
Leer más »
Motel 6 hotel chain to settle lawsuit over sharing guest lists with ICEMotel 6 has agreed to pay $10 million to settle a class-action lawsuit over clai...
Leer más »
Motel 6 hotel chain to settle lawsuit over sharing guest lists with ICEThe proposed settlement, outlined in court papers filed in U.S. District Court in Arizona, calls for Motel 6 to abide by a three-year consent decree to not give guest information to immigration authorities without a warrant or subpoena and to provide training on the issue to workers. A previous settlement
Leer más »
How to Make Your Own Mochi Ice CreamTurns out you can avoid the crazy Trader Joe's lines and make mochi ice cream yourself. Here's how.
Leer más »