Judge says hush money investigation involving President Trump has ended

México Noticias Noticias

Judge says hush money investigation involving President Trump has ended
México Últimas Noticias,México Titulares
  • 📰 latimes
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 56 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 26%
  • Publisher: 82%

Federal prosecutors have closed their investigation into hush money payments arranged by Michael Cohen, President Trump’s former fixer and lawyer.

Federal prosecutors have closed their investigation into hush money payments arranged by Michael Cohen, President Trump’s former fixer and lawyer, ending what was considered one of the gravest potential legal threats to the president and the company that bears his name.

The hush money payments were part of an illegal campaign scheme to prevent embarrassing information about Trump from emerging shortly before the 2016 election, and the money was intended to silence two women who said they had slept with Trump years ago.The National Enquirer, a tabloid run by a Trump ally, paid $150,000 to a former Playboy playmate, Karen McDougal, and Cohen gave $130,000 to a porn star known as Stormy Daniels.

However, it appears that Cohen will be the only person charged in connection with the payments. He is servingCohen’s lawyer, Michael Monico, said he was surprised by prosecutors’ decision to close the investigation. on Nov. 29, 2018, and admitted lying to Congress about pursuing a luxury real estate project in Moscow during the campaign. The effort to build a Trump Tower Moscow, which was abandoned around the time Trump accepted the Republican presidential nomination in mid-2016, was a key storyline in Mueller’s investigation.

. Nearly 20 pages in the search warrant addressing what prosecutors called “the illegal campaign contribution scheme” were censored.

Hemos resumido esta noticia para que puedas leerla rápidamente. Si estás interesado en la noticia, puedes leer el texto completo aquí. Leer más:

latimes /  🏆 11. in US

México Últimas Noticias, México Titulares

Similar News:También puedes leer noticias similares a ésta que hemos recopilado de otras fuentes de noticias.

Federal judge permanently blocks Trump admin from adding citizenship question to 2020 censusFederal judge permanently blocks Trump admin from adding citizenship question to 2020 censusJudge permanently blocks Trump administration from adding a citizenship question to the 2020 census after the administration abandoned plans to do so
Leer más »

2nd federal judge blocks Trump admin from adding citizenship question to census2nd federal judge blocks Trump admin from adding citizenship question to censusA second federal judge has issued an order permanently blocking the Trump administration from adding a citizenship question to the 2020 census in any form, despite the Trump administration's insistence it has abandoned plans to add the question
Leer más »

Feds’ probe into Trump hush money payments is over, judge saysFeds’ probe into Trump hush money payments is over, judge saysA federal investigation into hush money payments made to protect Donald Trump during the 2016 presidential campaign has concluded
Leer más »

Roger Stone avoids jail, banned from social media after judge rules Trump friend breached gag order in Mueller caseRoger Stone avoids jail, banned from social media after judge rules Trump friend breached gag order in Mueller caseStone, 66, a notorious Republican political operative who has described himself as a 'dirty trickster,' had previously been dressed down by the judge for his public remarks about the federal criminal case in Washington, D.C.
Leer más »

Judge finds longtime Trump confidante Roger Stone in violation of gag orderJudge finds longtime Trump confidante Roger Stone in violation of gag orderA federal judge lashed out at Roger Stone on Tuesday after government prosecutors accused the political provocateur of violating his court-issued gag order.
Leer más »

Judge finds longtime Trump confidante Roger Stone in violation of gag orderJudge finds longtime Trump confidante Roger Stone in violation of gag orderA federal judge has banned Roger Stone, the longtime confidant to President Donald Trump, from using social media after finding him in violation of a court-issued gag order on Tuesday. 'It seems as if once again I am wrestling with behavior that has to do more with middle school than a court of
Leer más »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 11:25:59