Nearly a year later, Ohioans face major charges involving Jan. 6 attack on U.S. Capitol

México Noticias Noticias

Nearly a year later, Ohioans face major charges involving Jan. 6 attack on U.S. Capitol
México Últimas Noticias,México Titulares
  • 📰 clevelanddotcom
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 55 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 25%
  • Publisher: 63%

They drove to Washington, D.C., claiming to be patriots and seeking to renounce what they called the injustice of the presidential election. They returned home wanted by the law.

Authorities say this photo captures Christine Priola of Willoughby on Jan. 6 in the U.S. Capitol. [Getty Images photo]CLEVELAND, Ohio – They drove to Washington, D.C., claiming to be patriots and seeking to renounce what they called the injustice of the presidential election.in the attack on Capitol Hill through mid-December, according to federal court filings and George Washington University, which has tracked the cases.

“Lawyers know that there aren’t enough hours in the day and enough days in a year to try all of these cases,” said Jeffrey Swartz, who lectures on criminal procedure and constitutional law issues at Western Michigan University’s Cooley Law School. “So that means prosecutors will plead lesser cases and focus on the most egregious. Lawyers know that and how it will affect their clients.”

Priola, 50, was charged in January with knowingly entering or remaining in a restricted building; disorderly conduct; and unlawful activities on Capitol grounds. Her case is pending, though a trial date has not been set. Her attorney, Michelle Peterson, declined to comment. Peterson said in court filings earlier this year that Watkins “believes in the sanctity of the government and the importance of law and order.”

“Watkins and at least six others, outfitted in paramilitary equipment, helmets, reinforced vests and clothing with Oath Keepers’ paraphernalia, moved in an organized, practiced fashion as they forced their way through the United States Capitol doors,” the lawsuit says.

Hemos resumido esta noticia para que puedas leerla rápidamente. Si estás interesado en la noticia, puedes leer el texto completo aquí. Leer más:

clevelanddotcom /  🏆 301. in US

México Últimas Noticias, México Titulares

Similar News:También puedes leer noticias similares a ésta que hemos recopilado de otras fuentes de noticias.

Proud Boys members must face Jan 6 charges, U.S. judge rulesProud Boys members must face Jan 6 charges, U.S. judge rulesA U.S. judge on Tuesday allowed a criminal case relating to the deadly Jan. 6 Capitol attack to move forward, declining to dismiss charges against four members of the far-right Proud Boys group.
Leer más »

Judge refuses to dismiss charges against Proud Boys leaders over Jan. 6 riotJudge refuses to dismiss charges against Proud Boys leaders over Jan. 6 riotEthan Nordean, Joseph Biggs, Zachary Rehl and Charles Donohoe were indicted in March on charges including conspiracy and obstructing an official proceeding.
Leer más »

Capitol attack charges stick against purported Proud Boys leaders from Pa., elsewhereCapitol attack charges stick against purported Proud Boys leaders from Pa., elsewhereDefense attorneys argued that the four men are charged with conduct that is protected by the First Amendment right to free speech.
Leer más »

PGA reaches confidential settlement with Trump after moving tournament from N.J. golf clubPGA reaches confidential settlement with Trump after moving tournament from N.J. golf clubPGA of America moved its tournament from Trump's Bedminster golf club following the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol by supporters of the former president.
Leer más »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 03:42:52