“The sooner it happens, the better it is for everyone.”
A pack of Philip Morris International Inc. Marlboro Red cigarettes.Philip Morris International CEO Jacek Olczak has spoken out against cigarettes.Philip Morris International is separate from Philip Morris USA, which makes Marlboros in the US.The chief executive of Philip Morris International, the maker of Marlboro cigarettes outside the US, said his company would stop selling cigarettes in the UK within a decade.
Olczak also called on the UK government to outlaw cigarettes within a decade, comparing them to gas-powered cars, which are set to be barred from being sold in the country starting in 2030, according toCompare more than 250,000 salaries from top companies like Amazon, Google and JPMorgan with Insider's Salary Database
"We can see the world without cigarettes," he said. "And actually, the sooner it happens, the better it is for everyone. With the right regulation and information it can happen 10 years from now in some countries. And you can solve the problem once and forever." Philip Morris International is separate from Philip Morris USA, which makes Marlboro cigarettes in the US and is a division of the American tobacco corporation Altria.
México Últimas Noticias, México Titulares
Similar News:También puedes leer noticias similares a ésta que hemos recopilado de otras fuentes de noticias.
Philip Morris International CEO said cigarettes should be bannedPhilip Morris International CEO said cigarettes should be banned and that the company will stop selling Marlboros in the UK within a decade
Leer más »
Philip Morris wants cigarettes banned in the UK by 2030Philip Morris International says it will stop selling Marlboro cigarettes in Britain within a decade as it called on the UK government to ban the sale of its tobacco products.
Leer más »
Marlboro maker Philip Morris says it could stop selling cigarettes in Britain within 10 yearsU.S. tobacco group Philip Morris International has reportedly said it plans to stop selling cigarettes in the U.K. in 10 years' time.
Leer más »
Venice Film Festival To Stick With 50% Capacity In Cinemas; UK Delegates Facing QuarantineVenice Film Festival will stick with last year’s coronavirus protocols, director Alberto Barbera confirmed during this morning’s lineup announcement. The 2020 edition of the fest became the first m…
Leer más »
With $4 billion in losses, Heathrow tells UK: open up travelLondon's Heathrow Airport urged Britain on Monday to open up travel to vaccinated passengers after its recovery fell behind Europe, pushing its cumulative pandemic losses to $4 billion.
Leer más »