A war of words between China and the United States showed no signs of let up on ...
WASHINGTON - A war of words between China and the United States showed no signs of let up on Monday, with U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo in a phone call with a top Chinese diplomat expressing “strong U.S. objections” over what Washington sees as Beijing’s efforts to shift blame for the spread of the coronavirus.
“The Secretary stressed that this is not the time to spread disinformation and outlandish rumors, but rather a time for all nations to come together to fight this common threat,” Ortagus said. The coronavirus, which emerged in China late last year, has spread around the world, upended many countries’ daily lives, pummeled financial markets, brought flights to a standstill, shut down schools and forced the postponement of almost all gatherings including sports and arts events.
México Últimas Noticias, México Titulares
Similar News:También puedes leer noticias similares a ésta que hemos recopilado de otras fuentes de noticias.
Beijing tells Pompeo it is futile to smear China over virusTop Chinese diplomat Yang Jiechi has told U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo by...
Leer más »
Pompeo to Iraq PM: U.S. will take action in self-defense if attackedU.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo warned Iraq's prime minister that the U...
Leer más »
Norway College Urges Students To Return From 'Poorly Developed' U.S. Amid PandemicStudents studying abroad are called home because of the spread of the coronavirus, "especially" from the U.S.
Leer más »
Current Realities and the New College Experience12 things parents of college students need to know to help their kid cope with the coronavirus pandemic
Leer más »