Satellite images show China demolished more than 100 Uyghur cemeteries, most over past two years

México Noticias Noticias

Satellite images show China demolished more than 100 Uyghur cemeteries, most over past two years
México Últimas Noticias,México Titulares
  • 📰 Newsweek
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 37 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 18%
  • Publisher: 52%

The Chinese government have not denied that they moved or destroyed the cemeteries.

This statement was echoed in a press conference held on December 16 by Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Geng Shuang. He added that locals supported China's efforts to"fight terrorism and maintain stability" in the region.

According to satellite images, some of the cemeteries appear to have been paved or built over. One, the Sultanim Cemetery, was reportedly flattened to create a parking lot. Relatives of the deceased were then allegedly given two weeks to register the location of the graves of their family members before relocation work began.

Leaked documents which became public knowledge in November included witness testimonies that revealed detainees at the camp had been tortured and forced to pledge their loyalty to the Chinese Communist party. The Chinese government strongly denies these allegations, saying the camps are vocational training centers with voluntary occupancy dedicated to ending religious extremism.

Hemos resumido esta noticia para que puedas leerla rápidamente. Si estás interesado en la noticia, puedes leer el texto completo aquí. Leer más:

Newsweek /  🏆 468. in US

México Últimas Noticias, México Titulares

Similar News:También puedes leer noticias similares a ésta que hemos recopilado de otras fuentes de noticias.

Oil climbs on U.S.-China trade optimism, Middle East tensionsOil climbs on U.S.-China trade optimism, Middle East tensionsOil prices rose on the first trading day of 2020 as warming trade relations betw...
Leer más »

China Sinochem to start $4.6 billion Quanzhou petchem complex mid-2020: sourcesChina Sinochem to start $4.6 billion Quanzhou petchem complex mid-2020: sourcesChina Sinochem Group is expected to start up a new crude processing unit and a p...
Leer más »

European stocks set for mixed open as investors await US-China trade detailsEuropean stocks set for mixed open as investors await US-China trade detailsEuropean stocks were seen mixed Thursday morning after U.S. President Donald Trump said that a phase one trade deal with China will be signed on January 15, though details of the deal remain hazy.
Leer más »

Trump Says He Will Sign Phase-One Trade Deal With China on Jan. 15Trump Says He Will Sign Phase-One Trade Deal With China on Jan. 15President Trump said he would sign the phase-one trade deal with China on Jan. 15 and will later travel to Beijing for talks on a broader pact.
Leer más »

China cuts banks' reserve ratios again, frees up $115 billion to spur economyChina cuts banks' reserve ratios again, frees up $115 billion to spur economyChina's central bank said on Wednesday it was cutting the amount of cash th...
Leer más »

Indonesia rejects China's claims over South China SeaIndonesia rejects China's claims over South China SeaIndonesia said on Wednesday it rejected China's claims over a disputed part...
Leer más »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 03:17:35