Two men get decades in prison for killing student in Turkey

México Noticias Noticias

Two men get decades in prison for killing student in Turkey
México Últimas Noticias,México Titulares
  • 📰 trtworld
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 47 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 22%
  • Publisher: 63%

Turkey court jails two men for raping and murdering university student Sule Cet in a case which became a rallying cry for in the campaign to end violence against women

The case about the death of university student Sule Cet has been concluded on December 4, 2019 in Ankara, Turkey, with the defendants sent to prison for decades. Here, her father Ismail Cet holds a picture of his daughter who was pushed from the 20th floor of a high rise building. The sign says"We will not remain silent".

Ankara's 31st High Criminal Court sentenced Cagatay Aksu to life in prison for murdering Cet plus another 10 years for sexually assaulting her and two years for holding her against her will. Aksu initially testified that Cet tried to commit suicide and he had tried to prevent her. The other defendant, Akand, said he was present in the office but had fallen asleep, and did not see anything.

There was also an attempt to suggest Cet was somehow to blame because she drank alcohol, and there was uproar at a hearing earlier this year when the defence lawyers speculated over Cet's virginity. Ceren Ozdemir, 20, was stabbed to death by an unknown assailant while she was entering her apartment building. An ambulance called by witnesses rushed the student to the hospital where she died of her wounds.Ozgur A. who confessed to the murder, had escaped from prison and followed Ozdemir to her doorstep.

Hemos resumido esta noticia para que puedas leerla rápidamente. Si estás interesado en la noticia, puedes leer el texto completo aquí. Leer más:

trtworld /  🏆 101. in US

México Últimas Noticias, México Titulares

Similar News:También puedes leer noticias similares a ésta que hemos recopilado de otras fuentes de noticias.

Turkey says it has not received support it expected from NATOTurkey says it has not received support it expected from NATOThe statement from Turkey's communications director comes before Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's visit to the UK, where he will attend a NATO leaders meeting marking the 70th anniversary of the organisation.
Leer más »

Exclusive: U.S. defense chief calls on Turkey to stop holding up NATO readiness planExclusive: U.S. defense chief calls on Turkey to stop holding up NATO readiness planU.S. Defense Secretary Mark Esper urged Turkey on Monday to stop holding up supp...
Leer más »

Turkey Congee with Crispy Shiitake Mushrooms RecipeTurkey Congee with Crispy Shiitake Mushrooms RecipeIf you don’t have cinnamon and star anise in your pantry, don’t buy them just for this congee recipe. You can tweak the flavor profile by using black peppercorns and parsley stems, or fennel seeds and crushed red pepper flakes instead.
Leer más »

Turkey to oppose NATO plan if it fails to recognize terrorism threats: ErdoganTurkey to oppose NATO plan if it fails to recognize terrorism threats: ErdoganTurkey will oppose NATO's plan for the defense of Baltic countries if the a...
Leer más »

Turkey urges unconditional NATO support against terrorTurkey urges unconditional NATO support against terrorA NATO reform is inevitable, President Erdogan said ahead of his departure for the summit in London.
Leer más »

Poland's Duda says hopes to agree with Turkey to unblock NATO plansPoland's Duda says hopes to agree with Turkey to unblock NATO plansPolish President Andrzej Duda said on Tuesday he had spoken to Turkey's Pre...
Leer más »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 08:03:02