UN war crime investigators say rights violations are being committed with impunity by all sides in Yemeni conflict, provide secret list of possible international war crimes suspects
UN war crimes investigators said an independent panel sent a secret list to UN human rights chief Michelle Bachelet identifying"individuals who may be responsible for international crimes" in the country.
The investigators, appointed by the UN Human Rights Council in 2017, said they had "identified, where possible, individuals who may be responsible for international crimes" and had provided the confidential list to UN rights chief Michelle Bachelet. "The international community must stop turning a blind eye to these violations and the intolerable humanitarian situation," said Kamel Jendoubi, who heads the so-called Group of Independent Eminent International and Regional Experts.
But they said they had based their findings on more than 600 interviews with victims and witnesses, as well as documentary and open-source material.In their second report, which they are due to present to the Human Rights Council later this month, they detailed how air strikes, indiscriminate shelling, snipers, and landmines were terrorising civilians in many parts of the country.
"Impartial and independent inquiries must be empowered to hold accountable those who disrespect the rights of the Yemeni people," he said.
México Últimas Noticias, México Titulares
Similar News:También puedes leer noticias similares a ésta que hemos recopilado de otras fuentes de noticias.
U.S., France, Britain may be complicit in Yemen war crimes, U.N. report saysThe United States, Britain and France may be complicit in war crimes in Yemen by...
Leer más »
Saudi-led airstrikes on Yemen rebel-run prison kill over 100SANAA, Yemen (AP) — Yemen is reeling from what has been described as the deadliest attack so far this year after multiple airstrikes by the Saudi-led coalition hit a detention center run by the...
Leer más »
Saudi-led coalition bombs Yemen prison, scores killedAir strikes by a Saudi-led military coalition in southwest Yemen hit a prison co...
Leer más »
More than 100 killed in air strike on Yemen prison: ICRCMore than 100 people are believed to have been killed in an air strike by the Saudi-led military coalition on a detention centre in Yemen, the International Committee of the Red Cross said Sunday. The coalition said it targeted a facility run by the Huthi rebels that "stores drones and missiles
Leer más »
Saudi Arabia struggles to hold Yemen coalition together as allies face offSaudi Arabia is struggling to hold together a military coalition fighting Iran-a...
Leer más »
Saudi-led airstrikes on Yemen rebel-run prison kill more than 100The attack was one of the deadliest in more than four years of war in Yemen that have claimed tens of thousands of lives, thrust millions to the brink of famine and spawned the world's worst humanitarian crisis.
Leer más »